XBMC problems on iPad w/

bishead

May 23, 2012
I'm having problems viewing any add-on videos on my iPad w/5.1.1.

After installing XBMC along with any video add-ons, the video never plays. It will read "loading" and display "playing in the left upper corner", but stop and return to the selection of videos.

If I were to keep selecting the same video to play again, it will play for a sec and return back to the choices of videos.

After searching and searching, it appears I the only one with this issue. Even installing the Fusion, the videos will work. Can someone help me with this issue.

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
I have a iPad 3 running same firmware with no problems. But you gotta be a little more specific before I have any idea how to help you: which videos do not play? Videos from a local share or in a particular plugin? And in that case which plugin.

bishead

May 23, 2012
I have a iPad 3 running same firmware with no problems. But you gotta be a little more specific before I have any idea how to help you: which videos do not play? Videos from a local share or in a particular plugin? And in that case which plugin.
It does not matter which addon or plugin. It does not work for me. It like the video setting is incorrect. It reads working and nothing happens. I have reinstalled and reinstalled the newest nighties, but nothing...

bishead

May 23, 2012
It does not matter which addon or plugin. It does not work for me. It like the video setting is incorrect. It reads working and nothing happens. I have reinstalled and reinstalled the newest nighties, but nothing...
UPDATE...

I installed Fusion and now some of the add-ons are working (thank you)! While I'm able to view 1Ch**nel, but the same add-ons like HGTV, DIY Network and Food Network still do not work...

It appears the add-ons from "Get more" are not working for me. Maybe something is not installed???

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Have you installed YouTube yet? I know there are a few dependencies in there from addons. That said, this is a strange one. All of those addons work for me on iPad, iPhone, and atv. Curious!?!?!

bishead

May 23, 2012
Have you installed YouTube yet? I know there are a few dependencies in there from addons. That said, this is a strange one. All of those addons work for me on iPad, iPhone, and atv. Curious!?!?!

This is what I found from other two users:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I can't watch anything on the few plugins that I have enabled. The show either doesn't start at all, or runs for 2 seconds only.

here's my log:

http://pastebin.com/Bmj3X2Dn

Any help is greatly appreciated.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It looks like a librtmp issue.

I recommend replacing with HansMayer's revision -> http://supercloudtv.com/librtmp.html

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All is working now!

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
This should not affect every plugin though only those that use the rtmp protocol (freecable, veetle, etc) not Ic*f*lms or 1Ch**nel for example. Anyway maybe someone should propose the XBMC team to include an updated file with their distro. Librtmp is also really old in the pc distro it works though but I updated mine anyway to because of a year and 1/4 size in difference.