XBMCHub apps - how to disable the splash screen?

dembonez

Aug 29, 2013
Hey guys! I love the apps and the frequent development. I stumbled upon your GoPro video app, (app that displays/plays GoPro's Youtube channel content to xbmc) and this sparked an issue in the house.

The trouble is with the splash screen XBMCHub apps display, with music. With the GoPro app, it seemed that every action brought the splash screen and its music up. The stereo was a good volume for videos, but the music in the splash screen seemed louder.

Is there any way to disable the splash screen? I've had to remove all the video apps that display it for now, (the girlfriend doesn't want to bother clicking 'back' every time it comes up) but I'd love to use 'em if there's a way to get rid of the splash.

Thanks again, you folks rock!

- Dembonez

dazzlerellis

Jun 8, 2012
Scarborough
This does it or me also, used to just play upon launching but plays on every menu or action now.

I think if it could be removed for donations or something would be nice.

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
This is dependent on the addon developer. As a rule we have asked all devs who agreed to use the pop up... to attempt to use it sparingly. So any addon coming from the HUB only has the popup play ONCE upon launching the addon for the first time... and the first time inly. NOW, I have not heard of the addon you are referring to and have no idea who the dev is.

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
Pop up is just once then every 4 months

This was initially started as to show everyone that uses the great plugins here where they were made and not ripped off by sinful iPhone

XxAnthxX

Feb 16, 2013
NOW, I have not heard of the addon you are referring to and have no idea who the dev is.

^^dont know what go pro is either im talking about official plugins etc
Hmmm the GoPro addon is available in the 'official' xbmchub repo.

I'm not sure how it got there or who the dev is.....but it's definitely in the XBMCHUB repo.....maybe we can find the dev or the cause of all the pop-ups.

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
This is dependent on the addon developer. As a rule we have asked all devs who agreed to use the pop up... to attempt to use it sparingly. So any addon coming from the HUB only has the popup play ONCE upon launching the addon for the first time... and the first time inly. NOW, I have not heard of the addon you are referring to and have no idea who the dev is.
Tut tut tut and you don't know your addons in your own repository

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
#blamejason = tlbb

Once a month we should have a designated person to blame, in return they get payment of, you will never guess lol

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Hmmm the GoPro addon is available in the 'official' xbmchub repo.

I'm not sure how it got there or who the dev is.....but it's definitely in the XBMCHUB repo.....maybe we can find the dev or the cause of all the pop-ups.
Ahhhh.... It must be one of the youtube channel addons. Lol. I will check. Yeah I don't publish to the HUB REPO. We have a guy who pushesnsome youtube stuff there every few months.

TwoFour

May 11, 2012
NovaScotia Canada
I believe i posted month back about this with one of jasons addons it deove me crazy comming up all the time. so I learned now to read code enuf to figure out how to remove it :p.

most of us who pop in to the hub daily know where the plugins come from and who made them.

The reason most use xbmc is to avoid all the dam commercials popups are anoying as commercials mashup is starting to have alot also.

thanks for all the hard work tho guys .

xDetoursx

Apr 11, 2013
TwoFor, how did you end up disabling it? It pops up on the Hub Maintenance tool every time I click on something. Same with the Ntv addon. I can't even stream anything on my Note II with that addon as the stupid pop-up comes up after every click and it kills the stream.

dembonez

Aug 29, 2013
I'm on Android (4.2.2.) on my minix x5. I was running Gotham nightlies and having all sorts of issues. I downgraded recently and the stated behavior (one popup every few months) seems to be working as described.

With that in mind, whatever mechanism you're using to display the splash screen likely doesn't work as well in Gotham.

Thanks for the responses, folks!

trogggy

May 6, 2012
France
Look in the help section for how to post a log.
Turn on debug logging.
Re-start xbmc.
Reproduce the behaviour (ie do something that brings up the pop-up).
Upload a log and post the link here.

trogggy

May 6, 2012
France
TwoFor, how did you end up disabling it? It pops up on the Hub Maintenance tool every time I click on something. Same with the Ntv addon. I can't even stream anything on my Note II with that addon as the stupid pop-up comes up after every click and it kills the stream.
Can't you disable hub-maintenance while you're checking where the problem is?