XBMCHUB Wizard

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Did you read the READ ME FILE that was placed on your USB card... per the instructions ;)

It tells you what to do. You place the word INSTALL in a txt document in the OPENELEC folder on the sd card. You do not enter it on the Apple TV itself...

rhubarbe

Oct 15, 2012
Yep, I did. The only folder I can see on my Mac has the files KEYWORD.txt with the word install in it. The other file is a readme.txt file which, uncharacteristically, I also read. ;)

rhubarbe

Oct 15, 2012
OK, right. At work now, made new USB stick of Crystalbuntu, bunged in back of ATV1 (second one) and it went through install without even touching the sides. Nice one.

Now to work out how to contact the box via FTP to move the folders with the add-ons from box 1 to box 2.

rhubarbe

Oct 15, 2012
Righto. My second ATV1 is now truly buggered. It flashes up an ATV with a big question mark above on boot and nothing I can do makes any difference. I have tried Open Elec and that stalls at a login that isn't supposed to happen; I have tried Crystalbuntu whch also stalls with a warning about GPT not being able to see the end of the HDD.

I really really really need to clone the whole of the HDD from ATV1 number 1 (which has a full working copy of Crystalbuntu including add-ons on it) to the HDD on ATV1 number 2 (the buggered one). I have tredi ATVCloner and that doesn't work.

If anybody knows a method of doing this, please can you let me know?

Thanks very much