XBMCMART Android Box

golfdaddy

Jan 28, 2020
I'm sure that this has been covered already but anybody out there familiar with how to download video add-ons to the XBMCMART Android Box? Most of the video add-ons are non working and the ones that do have been working intermittently lately (IPTV, StreamTV). I also subscribe to Beyond Media but their streams almost never work so I feel like I'm tossing money down the toilet (running 13 boxes at $4 p/mo each). I've seen some "how to" videos for doing this but this XBMCMART Android Box navigation doesn't lead me to the same headings as in the "how to" videos (ie: fusion, etc.). Please excuse me if this needs to be in a different area of the forum (first ever post here but had a great forum experience when hacking DirecTV back in the day). If there's an existing post/thread on this, directing me to it would also probably help immensely.
Thanks in advance,
Golfdaddy

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Sorry but we do not deal in illegal addons. We wont be able to lend a hand nor help you out with this.

golfdaddy

Jan 28, 2020
My apologies. I should have asked the question more specifically. What I'm really looking to do is install gitbrowser on my XBMCMART Android Boxes. It uses a Kodi Media Center to access Kodi and has completely different navigation as what's shown in the tutorials. I'm not savvy enough to be able to correlate the tutorials with the Kodi Media Center menu. So I'm looking to see if anyone else knows how to install gitbrowser on these particular types of Android Boxes. My apologies again for the misunderstanding.

golfdaddy

Jan 28, 2020
I was also led to installing gitbrowser, and the convenience of doing so, from the announcement from TVaddons I was getting on my boxes about the importance of having a VPN from Nordvpn (which I've already done)

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
By the sound of things, you have a pre-loaded box. Unfortunately, I do not know what that may or may not look like. Pre-loaded boxes are very much dependant on the seller. Then tend to put their own twist on things so the buyers must go back to them to get updates etc..... We do not recommend pre-loaded boxes for that reason.
I would recommend removing that version of Kodi, installing a NORMAL copy from kodi.tv/downloads
From there, install the addons you wish. You will also be able to install Gitbrowser without difficulties. The only problem you may have is to remove that version of Kodi. You could also leave that copy and install a fresh version from the link provided above. They would likely be able to live side by side.....best of both worlds.

golfdaddy

Jan 28, 2020
Thanx RavRob 👍. You're right. They're preloaded boxes. Guess I'm a creature of convenience 😂. I'll try contacting them first (heard they've got great support) and if no help that way, will try other way you suggest (fortunately, have the luxury of 13 of them means I can try on a guinea pig one first). Having the best of both worlds sounds like a great thing 👍. So I'm determined to learn how to accomplish that!! 👍 Thanx again so much. I'm a newbie at the configuring thing so I also greatly appreciate your patience. Also, you guys might want to consider having a newbie section here as the other forum I spoke about did and it immensely helped the beginners like me get up to speed on things first before delving into more complex issues and saved the moderators/knowledgeable folks much time in not having to answer the same question repeatedly.

golfdaddy

Jan 28, 2020
By the way, I chose these boxes because they're automatically updated. Nothing to do but sit back and push a few buttons. So easy a caveman can operate them. There's that convenience thing again!!!! LOL! 🤣 As I've gone along and read more about this cord cutting thing, I realized that there was much more that could be done with them.