XBox One no sound

DSmith

Aug 11, 2018
Only Kodi has no sound, all games and other apps work fine. I have tried rejuvenation and uninstall/reinstall (huge pain adding all the logon and api data), but still no sound through Kodi

I suspect problem with players both audio and video, but don't know how to proceed to check, update or replace

DSmith

Aug 11, 2018
New development. I have tried to play radio via KODI and discovered KODI immediately closes. Have repeated the attempt three times with same result

zagato

Oct 4, 2019
for the sound on kodi try pressing the =+ key which worked 4 me.
scratching my head about the radio shutting down kodi though.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
What radio addon are you using? How about trying a different one? I use TuneIn, Accuradio and 181.fm. Try those within Kodi. Not sure you they can be installed as stand alone on xbox, I also installed them as stand alone on my android box, they play fine in or out of Kodi.

DSmith

Aug 11, 2018
Tunein app on XBox works fine as do all the other apps available through microsoft store. KODI however, does not currently play any sound regardless which addon is used.

DSmith

Aug 11, 2018
when a textbox is selected an onscreen keyboard appears and I use the joystick to select letters

Rjsona129

Nov 14, 2019
United States
.mrkodi.com
I think first you have to debug what is the actually issue is it kodi issue or controller problem, first you can use right stick in your controller to raise the volume of kodi because this application have its own volume scale

Reactions: zagato

DSmith

Aug 11, 2018
After talking with Microsoft tech regarding Xboxone because I discovered Tunein app also had no sound, I reset Xbox to factory (saving games and apps links, they had to be reinstalled) per his instruction. Apparently something in operating system had been corrupted. This worked. but I have had to do this again because something in KODI is destructive to Xbox OS.