XIOS DS Optimization? (Android)

spiffy

Jul 13, 2015
Hello,

Is anyone still using their DS (M3) without issues? If so, do you mind sharing your setup?

I have followed Pivos' instructions on how to "optimize" the Android version -- I am not really interested in converting to Linux, because I'm not really knowledgeable -- but I am still having nothing but trouble keeping Gotham 13.2 from freezing up or sometimes even loading. I don't believe my hardware is defective; so I'd really like to find out if there are ways other than what Pivos suggests that I can try to have a better experience.

All of my addons are downloaded through Fusion, except PlexBMC.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

spiffy

Jul 13, 2015
Bite the bullet and learn how to put your unit on Tofu, it's very good. Also running 13.2 is adding to your toil.
Isn't TOFU based on a stable release of Gotham? I thought I read that somewhere in the Pivos forum...

And I did try the Android version of TOFU; it seemed a lot more sluggish than G 13.2, plus the app would abruptly exit for no reason. I am wondering if the reason I am having so much trouble is due to the fact that I have not extend the swap space to the microSD card? That is one recommended step that I can't get it to work.