Xonfluence and Krypton

vourney

Apr 3, 2017
I like Xonfluence, gives me a lot of control over menus, sub menus and shortcuts etc. Does anyone know if it works on Krypton? If not, can anyone recommend a skin that allows a lot of customisation like Xonfluence does?

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Yes it does work, but if you upgrade from 16 to 17 you will see it marked as incompatible when 17 starts and have to install it again. The good news is that it will keep and use all the previous settings once you've reinstalled it though.

vourney

Apr 3, 2017
Thanks, and I wish it would. Unfortunately, due to my setup on the Android Box with it's own version of Kodi, I can't upgrade. If there was any way that I could keep all those skin settings that would be ace.

Last edited:

vourney

Apr 3, 2017
Xonfluence is behaving very strangely indeed, or at least something is making it behave like that. After installing it and creating some profiles, for some reason all the text in the skin settings had disappeared. When I looked, almost all of my addons had been disabled?? I re-enabled them and the text came back, but then it disappeared later. If I update Xonfluence it fixes it, but something is not right.

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
Thanks, and I wish it would. Unfortunately, due to my setup on the Android Box with it's own version of Kodi, I can't upgrade. If there was any way that I could keep all those skin settings that would be ace.
Yes you can Upgrade Kodi...But it requires you to start fresh with Kodi as you will lose all your configs and settings.

Go to the play store, search for Kodi and select Uninstall. It should warn you that you did not download Kodi from play store and do you really want to remove it, click yes!
Then when it's done, Install again from the Play store.

You will have the latest version of Kodi and it will update whenever an update is available without losing any settings from then on.

It might seem like a PITA to have to reconfigure the entire Kodi (including adding the Fusion sources etc...)
But once done you should pretty much stay up to date on the latest version of Kodi until such time as the box itself and OS simply cant support it. Which I don't expect to happen for a few years.

vourney

Apr 3, 2017
Sorry for the late reply, thanks so much for your explanation. I did what you said but I ran into huge problems, and I don't know how to fix them. I asked in a separate thread about the problems. I did uninstall and installed from scratch etc, it's just messing with profiles now, saving one persons profile settings over anothers.

Really wishing I hadn't upgraded now.

AsphyxNYC

Apr 7, 2017
Sorry for the late reply, thanks so much for your explanation. I did what you said but I ran into huge problems, and I don't know how to fix them. I asked in a separate thread about the problems. I did uninstall and installed from scratch etc, it's just messing with profiles now, saving one persons profile settings over anothers.

Really wishing I hadn't upgraded now.
Well granted it is a pretty big jump from K16 to 17. default skin is difficult for first time users but you get used to it. Setting are also very much changed around. You can solve the skin newness by installing Confluence.
After that just setup your Fusion source and install Indigo.
Once you have that then you can either run one of the wizard or handpick what to install effortlessly with the Addon Installer of Indigo.I chose to hand pick what to install only to save from bloating the box with stuff I will probably never use.

In regards to setting up profiles...You should just spend your time on setting up the default profile before you go mucking around creating personal ones. This way when you create a new profile it will start off with the default settings that are correct for everyone instead of having to change the proper settings for each individual profile.
It is time consuming to start fresh but it's worth going through this one time since it's the last time now that you are on the official Kodi release from the Play Store. It should now upgrade without losing settings ever again. And once it is all setup use Indigo or Echo to make a backup of your settings since 17 settings are likely not going to change again like they did from 16-17

Last edited:

NSX

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Hello everyone, need some assistance...I have a new Android 6.0.1 with Krypton 17.3 Build. I have switched to confluence but can't seem to access all the addons, like Ex**us. I saw a YouTube video on how to add a community portal called Noobs & Nerds but it's not working for me and I'm the video it says fusion won't work? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks