Xuum

thnxs-coders

Dec 22, 2014
Hi, just wanted to say since winning this box the XUUM has made a major update .it changed the interface.now i can say its a nice little box.has a few minor glitches but i was told they are working on fixing it.I now would have to say its worth buying.Thanks TVADDONS for allowing me to win this nice little box.

n2nshadow

Mar 11, 2015
just got mine today, still setting it up but I'll gladly post a review when complete. Thanks tvaddons!

Leilan

Feb 22, 2015
I got it before the update and would rank it as the worst set top box I've used. After the update, I'm still not impressed. Fire stick is half the price and faster.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I got it before the update and would rank it as the worst set top box I've used. After the update, I'm still not impressed. Fire stick is half the price and faster.
I started mine last night. I don't like the fact that I couldn't change the skin or couldn't even tell what version of Kodi I had. So I went to the play store and downloaded the latest version there (Isenguard 15.2 RC2). I have imported my Trakt Library and will test with the plain Kodi version tonight. Hoping this will be better than the custom version they slapped on there. If this works better, I will then clean the box and remove their custom version.

I am hoping when it is cleaned it will work well.

Thanks TVAddons for the great contest you put forth.

n2nshadow

Mar 11, 2015
I'm definitely not a fan of the Kodi setup that comes pre installed. I did the same thing as RavRob and installed 15.2 from the play store, and uninstalled all the extra apps they include. Is there a way to link the play store app to the K on the homepage? Not really a big deal but, It'd be nice.

I still think I'd rather setup a firestick for a new user due to simplicity, but I don't think it's faster.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I'll have to play with mine some more tonight and see if I can link the Play Store Kodi with the K on the first page. I was thinking on the same line as you for that.

My library should be all setup by the time I get home tonight. I should be able to really play with it then.

n2nshadow

Mar 11, 2015
I'm curious as to how you have your library setup? I use mine mostly to just stream from genesis and other add ons. Do you save media to a PC or HD?

Now that I got Kodi setup the way I like it, I'm pretty happy with the Xuum. I really like that the PIA VPN works correctly, without headaches. I couldn't get it to work on the firestick, so I avoided pulsar and other torrent addons.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I'm curious as to how you have your library setup? I use mine mostly to just stream from genesis and other add ons. Do you save media to a PC or HD?

Now that I got Kodi setup the way I like it, I'm pretty happy with the Xuum. I really like that the PIA VPN works correctly, without headaches. I couldn't get it to work on the firestick, so I avoided pulsar and other torrent addons.
On my main HTPC I have a mix of local movies/tv shows on 2 HDDs and also some strm files From Genesis. On this Xuum, I simply imported my Trakt collection to it and stream from it.

I am also pretty happy with it now that I removed all the garbage and install Kodi stand alone as it should. It seems to be pretty fast. Of course, I am spoiled with my laptop as my main machine, nothing comes close but this little box will be good to take with me while traveling. Not too bad at all.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
An update on my Xuum. I have removed a bunch of bloatware and removed the version of XBMC/Kodi they had on that machine. I have installed the Isenguard 15.2 RC1 and added my basic addons, imported my library from Trakt and this little box purrs like a kitten. It is awesome and fast. I love it and would recommend it to anyone as long as you clean the garbage from it first.

n2nshadow

Mar 11, 2015
I completely agree with RavRob. Would be nice to link the main Kodi icon with 15.2 from the play store, but that's hardly a issue. I got Kodi setup the way I like it and I haven't had any problems. VPN software was already installed and works great, it's fast and I'm very happy. Thanks TVAddons!

rsims44106

Sep 22, 2013
Hey folks I am new to this Xuum hardware. I keep reading how people removed the "bloatware" and installed another form of Kodi form the playstore. I previously had an ATV so this android business is a little confusing. I have no idea how to delete/remove programs

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You need to go to your settings, in there go to apps and click on any that you do not want but especially on Kodi-USA, that is the one they pre-install. Once remove, go to Play store and download Kodi from there. Then you can run the wizzard if you are not sure of what you are doing.

Some apps must remain as they are part of Android, but most can go.

It is a sweet little box once the crap is gone off it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Android Boxes 0