Your Own Repo Easy As 123

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
so i have setup a standard repo so people can use or create there own on there drop box

what you need to do is download this zip

and extract it in your public folder in your dropbox

so your directory will look like this

DropBox/Public/My-Repo/

there is a readme.txt included

obviously you will need to do simple editing of some files which is all in the readme

GOOD LUCK!!!!

as of october 2011 dropbox has stopped public folder but there is a way around it

create a Public Folder with a capital "P"

open a new tab

then go to this url

https://www.dropbox.com/enable_public_folder

NOTE: to get your public number you need to download the software put something in you public folder locally and right click on it and click on "Get public Link"

youll see your number there

Last edited:

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
thats ok you know me mate !!!!

anything for the hub cause i love you !!!!!!!!!!!:)

meaning THEHUB !!!

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
Thanks cant believe I missed this, this is going to come in handy, Thanks man:), I know one thing that the HUB will be seen as farm for devs for xbmc :) Im pleased to be a part of it, my addon is nowhere near ready, but im creating my repo so those that want to test it can, BUT BEAR IN MIND THIS IS WILL BE AN ALPHA RELEASE, THERE WILL BE BUGS AS IM NOT A GREAT DEV(YET) anyway when its setup I will let you know and you can try it if you wish.

Mikey1234 is a top bloke

umOuch

Feb 29, 2012
Somewhere In This Crazy World
Jas0npc, stop selling yourself short brother. Build, learn, grow... And the community is behind you. If you need help wit the repo... Let me know. Between Mikey1234 and Bastrdsmkr, I am sure I have learned enough to help you. Not to mention, I have a working version of Mikey1234's dropbox masterpiece.

kinkin

May 6, 2012
Lol just read your post Mike. Good job you did the repo for me, guaranteed I would have got something wrong!

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Somehow building a repository came incredibly easy to me about an hour or two. Still can't program any python though lol.
I think it was because I saw it more as configuring config files to a server service.

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
Still on my Dropbox but public is shutdown at the moment back up tomoz hopefully someone will have it somewhere

jas0npc

Banned
May 5, 2012
UK
What was the file called? or Miky you could put it on mine if you wish:)

Last edited:

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
A warning about traffic though it can be quite intensive especially regarding to the number of constant hits to the .md5 ofcause.

Last edited:

Krezumica

Jun 1, 2013
Hi. I'm new on this and looking for help. Sorry if I duplicate question. I have some livestream links, but I don't know how to make livestream list as XML to watch it on iPAD in XBMC. Is anyone here who would like to help me? Thank you in advance.