amazon tv stick help amazon tv stick help | Kodi Forums

amazon tv stick help

Hi ok I have 2 tv sticks both with the same problem I am running kodi 14.2 at the minute although it happens on the latest too. If I do a fresh install I have no problem for a day or so and then it returns.

It starts stuttering/jerking every few minutes or so (not buffering) if I factory reset the same film/tv show will play fine than again a day or so the problem returns. I can post a debug log of working and not working on the same film if anyone could help me from that? Thanks. I have this problem in ******* and phonix addon, and with rolling back addons and disabling auto updates.

Last edited by st3v13b; 11-05-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by st3v13b View Post
    Hi ok I have 2 tv sticks both with the same problem I am running kodi 14.2 at the minute although it happens on the latest too. If I do a fresh install I have no problem for a day or so and then it returns.

It starts stuttering/jerking every few minutes or so (not buffering) if I factory reset the same film/tv show will play fine than again a day or so the problem returns. I can post a debug log of working and not working on the same film if anyone could help me from that? Thanks. I have this problem in ******* and phonix addon, and with rolling back addons and disabling auto updates.
    The fires sticks memory gets full quite quick mate.

The main issue is thumbnails, every time you view something it saves the thumbnail etc for quicker viewing next time.

You need to use this video and it will help.

Make sure you have turned off auto updates on the amazon app store as this will use memory as well!

Mod Edit - lets go easy on the promotion of your youtube channel, we have MANY guides available to the users right here at this site

I was actually trying to help, specifically with Amazon fire stick clean up issue, can't see ANY guides on this on this site about it
    Last edited by Firestick Junkie; 11-05-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by st3v13b View Post

A couple of things. Read this and try to see if it helps. http://forums.tvaddons.co/lambda-s-x...tml#post293778

Also, installed the Easy Advanced Settings addon from Kinkins repo to do the above.

And post your log for the addon having the problem in the correct forum for that addon.

Lastly, if you're in the uk you should read the post about specific uk settings on the front page of this site.

ok I have done all of the above apart from reading the specific uk setting as I cant find it. I have also done the repo for the thumbnails and that in the video (before it was deleted ) thanks for that, dont know if it will help but will try it and see in a day or so if it goes back to its old ways. I dont think it will help as I have plenty of space over 4gb free unless its my ram thats the problem. I did have it set to zero cache so dont now if that can be a issue. and its not a buffering issue as I can see it has partly downloaded in the progress bar. its more like its dropping frames skipping ect jerky freezing for a split second and than repeating it every few minutes or so.

anyways set the custom xml see what happens anybody else feel free to chime in as I will more likely be back in a few days.

You can also try using the confluence skin and see if that helps.

Also In the skin settings under video/ acceleration disable libstagefright and/ or media codec and see if they help.

Please turn off the auto updates from the app store because it use the memory. Make some space in Fire TV Stick to solve this issue.
    Last edited by anayadic; 05-07-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Team TV ADDONS Volunteer RavRob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anayadic View Post
    Please turn off the auto updates from the app store because it use the memory. Make some space in Fire TV Stick to solve this issue.
    You realize this is a 3 year old thread, right?