Kodi 17.6 issue Kodi 17.6 issue | Kodi Forums

Thread: Kodi 17.6 issue

Kodi 17.6 issue

Hi everyone,
    not exactly a Kodi addon but I have a problem with Kodi either kicking me out back to Amazon home page or the kodi background goes all black and is unresponsive. I'm using Amazon fire tv. Hardwired. Kodi 17.6.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I really have no idea here and just grasping at straws but please try and disable your hardware acceleration in Kodi settings. If not, post a log and crash log for the devs to possibly have a look at.

And alternative would be to start fresh, install only legit addons and test it. If it does the same still, post your log to kodi.tv forum.

I had a problem with my fire tv stick just rebooting at random, and freezing. I replaced the power adaptor for a slightly bigger output one, 2A, and not had a problem since. Maybe worth trying for you.

Team TV ADDONS Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldS View Post
    Hi everyone,
    not exactly a Kodi addon but I have a problem with Kodi either kicking me out back to Amazon home page or the kodi background goes all black and is unresponsive. I'm using Amazon fire tv. Hardwired. Kodi 17.6.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    I also suggest starting from scratch. You can also try installing SPMC which is a fork of Kodi v16 and actually works a little bit better than most on Android devices.