Your GoFundMe idea is good, but I haven't seen publication of your side of the story anywhere. Don't know if your lawyer(s) told you not to do this, but the first thing you should have done and should be doing is to spread widely every detail of the lawsuit against you. Every detail. I'm pretty sure you have been railroaded in so many ways. If you had had competent copyright and litigation counseling, you could have directed this in a very different course from what it has taken. You need to be appealing for legal help. I'm sure there were tons of procedural and evidentiary strategies and responses that were never taken that you should have followed.

In short, you should have been prepared before the lawsuits commenced. It is outrageous that you have been slapped with legal fees. I no longer do litigation, but I could see many things you were doing wrong from the beginning. I am sure there are qualified appellate lawyers who can get control of the intimidation suit(s) you've been hit with. Important though, there are time limits and good lawyers must be making the proper objections at every step. Litigation is not something every lawyer is good at. Don't think that a larger company than yourselves automatically is able to get highly qualified counsel to bury you.

Publish every detail of what happened. Every detail. Get good legal help with that. Maybe start with legal aid from clinic law students interested in helping you find the right help. Find issues and legal reasons and new evidence to get re-hearings and base appeals. Believe me, the sole purpose of your opponents is to intimidate. The law is never as clear as they claim. Understand the history of copyright, why it was always frowned upon. Learn how interested parties have spent billions to extend it beyond what by any stretch of the imagination is reasonable. You need to know all the nuances and reasons for limiting it. You need to know all the technical and technological arguments.

People who know nothing about that have always been quick to claim that pretty much anything anyone does violates a copyright holder's rights and can and should be severely punished. Unfortunately, many of those have been spinning their nonsense for years on publications I shall not here name. It makes me think that they are actually paid to do so. You have my sympathies. I watched so many developers scurry in fear when they should have been talking to lawyers right from the start of their development projects. There are plenty of bright legal minds that don't buy the economic "need" arguments for expansive copyrights.

Remember how the entire music recording industry was forced to change even as companies threatened and actually went after little kids downloading and sharing music in their homes to terrorize them. Remember that there is no way in hell they are going to stop the sharing of streams released into the electromagnetic spectrum around the world. Greedy industries see the potential to quickly make mega-zillions of dollars from "customers" across the galaxies. Even bad athletes get contracts in the tens of millions a year (sometimes just to sit on the bench). Anybody (even DJs who just spin artists' work) make millions today. Almost any artist on YouTube gets more hits on their videos than nearly all artists of the 60s combined.

Sure, artists should make a living, but we are beyond all sense of making a living. Any movie star can carry extensive entourages of "friends." They can get basketball courts built on movie sets for their off-time enjoyment. Catering contracts easily run in the millions a year. In the past, an artist would have to have a hit go platinum before they'd start making any money. Middle men got rich long before they did. That's still quite true, but they all want even more. Sorry, but the technology is now beyond their control. Well, not if they get the legislation they want. Movie industry did not develop nor do they own the patents to the technology that permits streaming. They want to use that technology to spread their ability to reach a planetary audience, but that technology then also puts their products on a format that can easily be captured, shared, and transmitted. They want to control all of that now, too, to increase their profits exponentially beyond their wildest dreams.

The next revolutionary technology is not going to come from giant companies like Google, Microsoft, and Apple from Silicone Valley. It is going to come from some techie teenage kid in Mumbai. The entire movie industry will have to change radically - already is.