Music library help required Music library help required | Kodi Forums

Music library help required

Need a bit of help with cleaning up my music library.
    I'm running 17.6 on android
    I added my NAS source as upnp and ran a scrape but no album art came in and its all a bit of a mess really. ive now removed the source and also tried the clean library option under sys\ media\ music section three times but the meta data still seems to be there I'm seeing the default music note icons when I select an album from the list. Is there anyway that I can just totally wipe just the music database so that I can try to add the source again and re-scrape it?
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks.
    Just tried to clean the library under system\ media music section and the dialogue says clearing songs but the database still has information in it so if I go into music and try press on one of the song icons to play I just get the usual failed to play message.

Last edited by Romster; 12-23-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: adding more information

I'm not at my pc to check but look for your music.db in the userdata folder and delete it.
    Media monkey and tag and rename are both very good at sorting out your tags and artwork before adding them to kodi. But it does take time.

Quote Originally Posted by jokster View Post
    I'm not at my pc to check but look for your music.db in the userdata folder and delete it.
    Media monkey and tag and rename are both very good at sorting out your tags and artwork before adding them to kodi. But it does take time.
    Thanks for your reply Jokster, the device isa shiled which is running Android is the files structure similar to Windows ie will there be a userdata folder in the android file system too?

ok just looked it up :Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
    hopefully ill be able to find it using es explorer.
    thanks again.
    Last edited by Romster; 12-24-2017 at 10:21 AM. Reason: adding more information

Quote Originally Posted by Romster View Post
    Thanks for your reply Jokster, the device isa shiled which is running Android is the files structure similar to Windows ie will there be a userdata folder in the android file system too?

ok just looked it up :Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
    hopefully ill be able to find it using es explorer.
    thanks again.
    Using ES File Explorer, you will need to enable "view hidden files" in order to see the .kodi folder. Anything with a dot in front is a hidden file or folder and can't be seen without enabling as stated. And yes, it is from within Android.

Thanks RavRob I managed to rename the db file and it cleared it up but am having issues trying to add my NAS as the music source location. Ive tried to add it as an smb and ftp source but it doesn't see it when i select browse. I did manage to add it by ip but the connection times out even if i enter credentials which shouldn't be necessary for the public share. I see it as a UPNP source but I'm not sure if UPnp is a good way to go as on my previous installations on windows it sees the public share straight away I'm guessing that its an android quirk. Weird thing is that i did manage to add my movies in and successfully scraped them all but Not really sure how to get around the issue for my music now which is a real shame.

Kodi on my shield doesn't seem to be able to browse to and see the public share on my NAS I can see the Nas in ES explorer which suggests that its this might be an issue with Kodi Ive enabled SMB and FTP on my nas but still cant browse to the public share in order to add my music content any pointers or help would be appreciated thanks. Works fine in the windows version as windows maps a drive to the public shareautomatically. Do i need to map a drive in android ?

So I added the smb network location manually but if i try to add files from it it just times out.
    If i try to add files and browse to my nas it lets me now browse to the public share and gives me the option to scrape but it wont let me select the music directory which is a subdirectory in the public share and then let me scrape that directory. Surly I should have to dump all of my albums into the root directory for it to work?