Thanks for Nothing Thanks for Nothing - Page 2 | Kodi Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I suspect that I am one of the they that you refer to. Because I don't have any understanding of how scrapers work, why I click on a video and it takes so long to bring any list up. I think git hub is a forum for developers. Why would I need a list of "github user names"? I've purchased pre loaded firesticks. Why not? They've worked for me. I only saw something about the "dangers" of these devices a week ago and have been using Kodi for a few years. Today I came here because of an email from TVaddons that ridiculed me (not personally but I suspect some here will based on the response to glennr) for using a "kodi build" called Aeon nox. I love it. When I heard about builds, I did a lot of searching about them. As with everything else Kodi, I could only find lists of the "best" builds and videos about how to install them. I never came across an explanation of what a build is, a warning about potential malware in a build. Why would developers who are wanting more people to use their products insult users like it's obvious how what you do works. It's not. That's why, as glennr says, people are buying the boxes you so despise and are using the videos and builds that you also seem to despise. With that attitude, Kodi will get buried as soon as people who can and want to provide users what they want figure out a way that will work for everyone, even the TV and movie industry who are your ultimate threats.
    What is, is. To bury your heads in the sand and ridicule those who really want to see you succeed, is only asking for full burial.

spoon feeder

Here’s a solution to your terrible problem.

Why not BUY a subscription to Netflix, Amazon Prime or any or all of the other excellent video streamers.

Simples.

nolet2,
    Yes, I am a spoon feeder. I'm a successful businessman. I got that way by helping my clients to understand things. If I am not a client of TV ADDONs, why am I getting advertisements from them for VPN services. If they were to pander to me and other potential "clients", they could be getting much, if not all, of the business they are losing to the dreaded preloaded boxes, etc.

JNRW, I personally don't have a "terrible" problem. I and likely most other users like me, have subscriptions to streaming services. There is an obvious "need" for the services that TV ADDONs provides. The problem is for them and, apparently, their audience in this forum. They continue to solicit for donations to help get over this growing problem they're having. I have no problem with that and have sent donations.

I like the fact that the KODI problem exists. Kodi is excellent and getting better. Add ons also seem to be getting better despite the recent attacks on them. The attacks are a good sign for ADDONs. They are an excellent sign that there is a movement afoot that the status quo are getting nervous about. But look at how many times this has happened in the past. The teams and organizations that start a movement are not necessarily the ones who advance it to it's most efficient level. It's a shame but it's also an attitude problem.

Kodi addons are the movement that could bring down the cable guys. But they've got a lot to do to attract the cable audience. Is anyone even counting the cable cutters? It's completely chaotic in what the ultimate goal is, how to get there, who will do it, who will make money. But the worst part that I see was in that email I got from TVADDONs calling me lazy because I'm having difficulty understanding how addons work. That attitude will be their undoing. I have been dealing with them for a few years and seen hints of this attitude. But that email is the strongest evidence that they cannot ultimately succeed without having someone guide them. If they can't accept this guidance, or if they don't believe that they need it, I'm sorry to be one to witness it.

I don't know Glennr but his message so much fit with the thoughts I had after receiving that email. I suspect that, like myself, he also would like to see TVaddons succeed. Otherwise, why would he (or I) even post? But I ultimately don't care if TV Addons is the one to go to the next level. I won't follow an organization unwilling to get their heads out of the sand.

I'd like to add to my last regurgitation.

I have a question for TV ADDONS. Do you have anyone who specializes in the human factor in the design of addons? Someone who can help developers to understand who their market is? Someone who can help developers to direct their work to their audience?

Team TV ADDONS Volunteer RavRob's Avatar
    Most devs are not trying to direct their work to a targeted audience. Most create their addons for thei own use and share their work with the masses. But if people are not happy about their work, they are not concerned. That will not stop them from doing their addons.

RavRob,

Thanks for that information. I haven't a clue how the system works. It's always nice to get a better idea.

Team TV ADDONS Volunteer RavRob's Avatar
    One thing you need to know. Kodi was never meant to work in the way that you are refering to. It was always meant to be used for legal/local streaming only. Meaning that it was meant to be used with video or audio that you own. DVDs that you rip and place on a HDD for viewing.

Devs started to create addons that could scrape material that was uploaded to hosters such as Rapidgator. Sharing this with the masses eventually became the main stream of Kodi usert. If those addons die or are taken out of commision, the Kodi develper team will be the happiest people on the planet. The certainly do not wish to be tied to any pirated content.

Just some tid bit of info for you. Tis all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12