Thanks for Nothing Thanks for Nothing | Kodi Forums
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    16

    Thanks for Nothing

    TVADDONS recently sent out a guide with the title of "Kodi Addons Are Working Better Than Ever (Everything You Need To Know)"

    I am sure there are many people out there who are developers, software engineers or just plain wizards but the vast majority of Kodi users don't have a clue as to how it all works. Making the following statement "need to know is which GitHub usernames to lookup, and figuring that out on your own shouldn't be too difficult." is just plain arrogant. Its akin to the Linux geru who tells the billions of Windows users to switch to Linux because it is easy.

    Even with the classic method of installing addons, I would be willing to bet that a big majority have to resort to an online step by step guide to install anything. I would also be willing to bet that the majority of users buy a pre-populated box from China and never change anything.

    If you want to have a successful platform you will have to make it easy for the majority. Do things like publish a list of usernames or even have github search for addon names. Or you can just keep it a secret for the more enlightened and continue to gloat on how much smarter you are.


  2. #2
    Team TV ADDONS Volunteer RavRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Halls of Valhalla
    Posts
    5,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennr View Post
    Making the following statement "need to know is which GitHub usernames to lookup, and figuring that out on your own shouldn't be too difficult."
    It isn't difficult. Let me google that for you:
    http://bfy.tw/HfS1
    As you can see, this is developed by TVAddons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glennr View Post
    Even with the classic method of installing addons, I would be willing to bet that a big majority have to resort to an online step by step guide to install anything.
    All addons are installed the same way using the "classic" method. Get the addon, install the addon as zip.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glennr View Post
    I would also be willing to bet that the majority of users buy a pre-populated box from China and never change anything.
    Those who want to spend more money than it's worth do this. There are tons of guides in our blog but you can also find tons on Youtube or using google. Just beware that many of those guides are old and outdated. So have an open mind an try different ones if at first you fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glennr View Post
    If you want to have a successful platform you will have to make it easy for the majority.
    Not trying to burst your bubble but Kodi is already a successful platform because it is so easy to use and setup. You should have been around when it all started where you needed to know coding to get it all working. Now it is so automated, it's crazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glennr View Post
    Do things like publish a list of usernames or even have github search for addon names.
    Sorry, for infringing addons, we can't do this on this forum. You can easily find the names of our devs by reading the various titles of the our sub forums. For other developers list, you will need to use google and do some homework.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glennr View Post
    Or you can just keep it a secret for the more enlightened and continue to gloat on how much smarter you are.
    No one is gloating and say they are smarter than the average bear. We all started knowing nothing but with the help of Google, Youtube and more knowledgeable members, things started to make sense after a while.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    113
    RavRob, I salute your patience and good nature, both of which are far more than the OP deserves, IMHO.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennr View Post
    TVADDONS recently sent out a guide with the title of "Kodi Addons Are Working Better Than Ever (Everything You Need To Know)"

    I am sure there are many people out there who are developers, software engineers or just plain wizards but the vast majority of Kodi users don't have a clue as to how it all works. Making the following statement "need to know is which GitHub usernames to lookup, and figuring that out on your own shouldn't be too difficult." is just plain arrogant. Its akin to the Linux geru who tells the billions of Windows users to switch to Linux because it is easy.

    Even with the classic method of installing addons, I would be willing to bet that a big majority have to resort to an online step by step guide to install anything. I would also be willing to bet that the majority of users buy a pre-populated box from China and never change anything.

    If you want to have a successful platform you will have to make it easy for the majority. Do things like publish a list of usernames or even have github search for addon names. Or you can just keep it a secret for the more enlightened and continue to gloat on how much smarter you are.
    Just check the periodic "Transparency Report: Blacklisted Kodi Addons and Developers". A new one is released "once per season". Here is the most recent (April 1st 2018). I assume I can link this since it is an OFFICIAL TVAddons news page.
    https://www.tvaddons.co/blacklisted-addons-spring2018/

  5. #5
    Team TV ADDONS Volunteer RavRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Halls of Valhalla
    Posts
    5,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickz View Post
    I assume I can link this since it is an OFFICIAL TVAddons news page.
    https://www.tvaddons.co/blacklisted-addons-spring2018/
    Absolutely. Thanks

  6. #6
    Some people won't even try to learn how to do it theirself,instead they wants to be spoon feed and told everything and they still don't know what to do,the fun of this hobby is to learn to do it yourself.and for the list of Github username just look on the internet.Google is your friend.thanks

  7. #7
    Junior Member jinja155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    5
    In my humble opinion, people are inherently lazy. Even when when they get something for FREE, they still want someone a free cab ride to go pick it up. Kodi is awesome and with very little effort you can make it work for you. It's that "little bit of effort " that the majority don't want to put in.

  8. #8
    Addon Developer gujal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    128
    Is even worse now. If you provide complete written instructions, they ask, can you do a youtube video showing how to install!!!
    Kodi 17.6 Windows | Android

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •