Astraweb alternative to Easynews Astraweb alternative to Easynews | Kodi Forums

Astraweb alternative to Easynews

Is it possible to do the same thing to astraweb that was done to Easynews ??? The obvious reason being 10$/8 for unlimited bandwidth compared to Easynews steep prices. thanks.

I doubt it mate. I'd say it works because EasyNews have a web interface which AstraWeb lacks. I'd love to be proved wrong though!

Quote Originally Posted by oso View Post
    Is it possible to do the same thing to astraweb that was done to Easynews ??? The obvious reason being 10$/8€ for unlimited bandwidth compared to Easynews steep prices. thanks.
    There was an addon over at xbmc.org which may work for you called nzbs with various derivitives depending on your indexing site that "allowed" you to stream directly from usenet. For example being the lazy git I am these days I use nzbmatrix for simplicity so needed the nzbs addon installed and configured and then the nzbmatrix derivitive to call the movie/tv show you wanted to watch.
    The only problem for me was I could never get it to work, I have a friend who put in the exact same settings as me and it worked for him though, but it put his pc up at 100% cpu usage with a screaming fan,.
    I ended up giving up on it as the addons authors technical support consisted of "I learned to program you do the same", which is fair enough it was his work and he can support it or not, but I decided that waiting 20 minutes for a film to download was easier than me tearing my hair out trying to get the thing to play instantly.

Would love to see an add-on for astraweb too ;-) Tried with nzbs add-on & I could never get it to work either :-(

Quote Originally Posted by calisto View Post
    Would love to see an add-on for astraweb too ;-) Tried with nzbs add-on & I could never get it to work either :-(
    I don't think it would matter what usenet server/provider you're on, with the right addon you should just be able to input your login. server address and port,
    I'm guessing its not that simple though or someone would have done it by now (wish I could program to solve this problem)

I agree, I have astraweb and would LOVE to see this! Too bad I don't know how to code

You should go and check out Pneumatic over at xbmc.org. It's a addon I made allowing you to stream nzb's. Since Pneumatic only manages the communication between SABnzbd and xbmc, everyone can make a external addon for their favorite index site using the provided API. I have made one for all newznab compatible sites (nzbs.org, nzb.su etc) and there is also one for nzbmatrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    You should go and check out Pneumatic over at xbmc.org. It's a addon I made allowing you to stream nzb's. Since Pneumatic only manages the communication between SABnzbd and xbmc, everyone can make a external addon for their favorite index site using the provided API. I have made one for all newznab compatible sites (nzbs.org, nzb.su etc) and there is also one for nzbmatrix.
    Hey. I hope to get an answer here. It seems your activity was more in 2014 - 2016.
    Are you still active in developing? I really hope because your pneumatic addon is awesome. I have just some small bugs with temporary-folder in AndroidTV.

Team TV ADDONS Volunteer RavRob's Avatar
    I don't think you will get answers from him. He really is/was a member of Kodi.tv
    https://forum.kodi.tv/member.php?act...file&uid=52257