a95x 2gb x 16gb UPGRADE is not easy! and might crash!

Ok! it's 5/1/2017 and I finally got my a95x nexbox up graded to KODI 17 for about 15 minutes! Yep 15 minutes!

I believe this a95x has an OS locked to ver 16 and it might be possible to change it to 17 but the minute one has to refresh the nexbox it will go back to 16......
    WITH THAT said, I did get my a95x to load 17 and it locked up. I had to go back to the original settings which is KODI 16. WHICH btw works great --- ! as long as you direct connect it to the web. SURE it works good but you might get alittle hesitation when HD mode. Also as long as you have at least 2gb x 16gb system.
    SO! I believe the easiest thing to do.... IS buy another OR LATEST version of KODI 17. Krypton---- with at least 2gb x 16gb maybe even 3gbx 32gb.
    WHY do I say this: 1. it is very difficult to make a firmware system in android upgrade-able at least in 5/1.2017....
    It might be coming but not yet. TV BOXES are OLD guys, (60 & older) a way to watch OLD TV & Movie show at anytime. WHY because the latest movies are junk hacked, maybe in a years or two , they get better, but not HD-- might 720 but never in 480 YUK!

This is my assessment.... of TV Boxes. I also heard that some VENDORS are making ad related KODI boxes and giving them away..... OH well I guess thats a way of advertising...hahhahha

Retired Team TV ADDONS Staff idokfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Lol. The post was amusing but I also have no clue what it means.

OK! I'm sorry! today is May3rd 2017 and yesterday after I finally gave up trying to UPGRADE my a95X tv Box (nexbox) I watch a version of big bang and got mad at myself because I couldn't get a95x loaded with version 17.1 KODI!

MEEP made fun at me! and that made me aggressive, because I'm mad at myself for not making the a95x tv box work. OH then I see that IDOKfire liked what meep did but couldn't understand....... I UNDERSTOOD! I wimped out!

so--- THIS IS WHAT i DID.... I went to browser and downloaded kodi 17 --- then I went to apps (or was it apps installer?) and it searched for KODI app..... I then executed it and opened it. and low and behold I saw DELETE- ERASE -start over-- button and I hit it...... (that was cool!) I went to KODI and tried to run...... and it said CAN'T run ! (oh my gosh--i'm getting close)
    then I went back to files and went down to Download and clicked version 17. (it ran---- and the rest was history) KODI
    re-started and I saw that KODI configuration (that I never see on my windows version)
    I had upgraded my a95x tv box to version 17.1 and it's working like a champ or great or good

So I'm sorry for saying i couldn't get KODI 17.1 on my a95x 2gb x 16gb version 6 android to work! NOW I AM NOT going to start over again, I'm going to enjoy my tv shows for a while......

idokFire: at 68 pushing 69, this computer want-a-bee is having a blast in retirement! I believe KODI opened the door for every tv show and Movie that us OLD guys want to sit down to watch..... Imagine watching, GENE Audtry! --- OR howdy doody or dale evans --- or those old Mickey mouse movies!

Thanks to the developers of KODI keep up the good work for us old guy & gals

Quote Originally Posted by Ynotmi View Post
    OK! I'm sorry! today is May3rd 2017 and yesterday after I finally gave up trying to UPGRADE my a95X tv Box (nexbox) I watch a version of big bang and got mad at myself because I couldn't get a95x loaded with version 17.1 KODI!

MEEP made fun at me! and that made me aggressive, because I'm mad at myself for not making the a95x tv box work. OH then I see that IDOKfire liked what meep did but couldn't understand....... I UNDERSTOOD! I wimped out!

so--- THIS IS WHAT i DID.... I went to browser and downloaded kodi 17 --- then I went to apps (or was it apps installer?) and it searched for KODI app..... I then executed it and opened it. and low and behold I saw DELETE- ERASE -start over-- button and I hit it...... (that was cool!) I went to KODI and tried to run...... and it said CAN'T run ! (oh my gosh--i'm getting close)
    then I went back to files and went down to Download and clicked version 17. (it ran---- and the rest was history) KODI
    re-started and I saw that KODI configuration (that I never see on my windows version)
    I had upgraded my a95x tv box to version 17.1 and it's working like a champ or great or good

So I'm sorry for saying i couldn't get KODI 17.1 on my a95x 2gb x 16gb version 6 android to work! NOW I AM NOT going to start over again, I'm going to enjoy my tv shows for a while......
    All you had to do was load go to the Play store....
    Search for Kodi. Select Uninstall!
    It would have told you the version you had was NOT from the play store and ask you to confirm uninstalling.

Then when it was uninstalled all you had to do was Install from the Play Store to get 17.1 and have it upgrade automatically whenever a new release was made.

If you don't have the Play Store installed on your box then there are a few more hoops. You would have to go to settings (and sometimes more settings from there) and accounts and add your google account. It would then ask you if you wanted to install Google services to which you would say yes. Then you would get the Play Store.

I bet you I tried PLAY STORE at least 4 or 5 times, I it just never worked?????? Do I know why, I don't have a clue! Maybe it's because I just didn't see it, maybe I did not wait long enough (sometimes 1/2 hour) maybe because I have a slow internet connection, (WAIT a minute, I am directly connected) I don't know! I am very new to STREAMING --- well I have been fooling with this for almost 8 or 9 months..... maybe I'm 68 pushing 69, and fell asleep......NANANANGGHHHH
    ANY way -- Thanks for KODI..... I will miss **** WIZARD ..... alot. but time changes all.

Nope Just once....Go to play store, uninstall the old Kodi then install the newer version!
    It doesn't get any simpler than that!

Not even close to success to install Kodi in Nexbox a95x.
    Always crash and not let me install addons.