How to fix stuttering? How to fix stuttering? - Page 2 | Kodi Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mhh just wanted to add the BBC livestream atm is perfect. Butter smooth. So all the acestreams and stuff and stuttering messes? Mhh interesting

This should help
    Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

As someone that has tried all the 'fixes' mentioned in this thread, and others, and I mean ALL including changing boxes, several times, I 'think' I have got to the bottom of what was causing my "shake, shimmy and judder." I just wish I had done this first of all but, in fairness, very little of the info available is specific enough to make the right judgment call of what is actually causing 'your' shaky problem.

For me it turned out simple. It was my TV all along. Like others have mentioned here and on other sites, I had my TV tuned to either 50hz or 60hz 'thinking' this would give me a better quality picture. In reality, looking back, this was never going to happen for as long as the source material was coming down at 23.976hz. This is a figure you just can't get away from.

No matter what settings you dial in within kodi it will always be playing catch up with the source fps rate.

So, what is the magic answer, simple, set your tv refresh rate to 24hz (if you have the choice of 23.976 even better). You will also need to go into picture settings and deselect both 'Blur' and 'judder Correction' or what ever they are called on your set. These are the things that are causing the judder trying to give you a clear picture BUT they are trying to swap between too many picture rates to give a clear picture, hence the juddering.

Team TV ADDONS Staff
    Glad to hear you got it worked out. I never noticed if my TV has those settings but now I need to go look.

Team TV ADDONS Staff
    Another thing you can try is to install spmc which is a fork of Kodi. It can be installed next to Kodi on Fire tv and has better functionality for auto changing the framerate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12