Minix hardware able to upgrade to latest Kodi Minix hardware able to upgrade to latest Kodi | Kodi Forums

Minix hardware able to upgrade to latest Kodi

I have a Minix X8-H and gather that I cannot upgrade to Kodi 17 Krypton or beyond, since the chipset is outdated. It is a real pity for a device that still functions well (including with Tvaddons), but one day I will probably be forced to upgrade.

Can anyone recommend a current Minix model that is up to date or somehow future-proofed?

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterch View Post
    I have a Minix X8-H and gather that I cannot upgrade to Kodi 17 Krypton or beyond, since the chipset is outdated. It is a real pity for a device that still functions well (including with Tvaddons), but one day I will probably be forced to upgrade.

Can anyone recommend a current Minix model that is up to date or somehow future-proofed?
    Itís simple, really. You need a box, any box, which has an operating system which can run Krypton. So that would be version 5 or higher in Android, or Windows 10. Donít get one with a small RAM, the more the better.

Hope that helps.

Team TV ADDONS Volunteer RavRob's Avatar
    Please note that you could put Librelect on this box and it will still be good for a while. You could also use SPMC or MyGica media player on it. Those are all updated with the latest version of Kodi but will work on older boxes. They are simply forks of Kodi.

Minix has an unofficial Update to Android 5.1 for the Minix X8-H! I got it running on mine and it works great. Google: - minixforum - minix x8 h finless lollipop rom. Been using the ROM for more then 2 month's now and it works Super! Even with Kodi 18..
    Last edited by Klaver4; 02-09-2018 at 09:21 AM.