Is SPMC Better Or A LOT Better? Is SPMC Better Or A LOT Better? | Kodi Forums

Is SPMC Better Or A LOT Better?

Just go the Shield recently.

I know what you're going to say, "Set it up and try it out for yourself!", and to be honest, I probably will at some point, but I'm also interested in what you all see as the biggest benefit.

I really like Kodi V17 and the Estuary skin and I understand that that is not an option yet with SPMC, which is another reason I've been hesitant. Kodi is working fine (I have had some "dead stop" issues with USTV and in the middle of movies a couple times that I'm not so stoked about, but nothing to get worked up on) for the most part, so I am largely ambivalent about trying SPMC.

If you think I'm crazy, tell me I'm crazy and convince me.

Install SPMC. It is its own entity and will install side by side with Krypton without disturbing it. You can run both and see which you prefer.

Note that SPMC is pretty well made with the Shield in mind. It gives you the voice capability so you can actually talk to Koki. However, I have tried it and I stayed with Krypton. I didn't use voice for Kodi and therefore didn't feel I was getting what I wanted. Krypton gives me all I want and need.

But the choice is yours.

Hi Invincibleinc, sorry a bit off topic but I've just bought a shield tv too and wanted to know which type of expandable memory to use class10 microsd or usb 3, can I ask what you are using and have your thoughts on it? I'm not into gaming so write speeds are not a major factor for me.

Retired Team TV ADDONS Staff idokfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincibleinc View Post
    Just go the Shield recently.

I know what you're going to say, "Set it up and try it out for yourself!", and to be honest, I probably will at some point, but I'm also interested in what you all see as the biggest benefit.

I really like Kodi V17 and the Estuary skin and I understand that that is not an option yet with SPMC, which is another reason I've been hesitant. Kodi is working fine (I have had some "dead stop" issues with USTV and in the middle of movies a couple times that I'm not so stoked about, but nothing to get worked up on) for the most part, so I am largely ambivalent about trying SPMC.

If you think I'm crazy, tell me I'm crazy and convince me.
    Main reason I use it is for voice search. So if you do a lot of searching and typing, it's worth it.

I just put SPMC on an older Android box (ver 4.4.2) and everything works great. No need to by a new box with Android 5+ so you can run the new version of Kodi. What a nice money saver.

I prefer MyGica Media Center myself but for my Shield, I simply use Kodi au naturel. I find it works better and since I don't use the voice feature of the box, it does all I want and more.