Mi Box best bang for your buck Mi Box best bang for your buck - Page 3 | Kodi Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired Team TV ADDONS Staff idokfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manevets View Post
    I just unboxed mine, and I'm disappointed that there's no Ethernet connection.
    I personally am not having a problem with the wifi. But you can buy a USB to Ethernet adapter. There is a Kodi forum that mentions a couple of different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by idokfire View Post
    I personally am not having a problem with the wifi. But you can buy a USB to Ethernet adapter. There is a Kodi forum that mentions a couple of different ones.
    Thanks, I ordered one. It's coming from China, lol. They're made there anyway. I'll see how I like the WiFi while I wait!. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by manevets View Post
    I just unboxed mine, and I'm disappointed that there's no Ethernet connection.
    That's why I have held off from trying one. My experience with streaming wirelessly is not a good one, so no ethernet is a dealbreaker for me. Too bad, because it sounds like a decent piece of hardware otherwise. Let's hope they put an ethernet model out there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    That's why I have held off from trying one. My experience with streaming wirelessly is not a good one, so no ethernet is a dealbreaker for me. Too bad, because it sounds like a decent piece of hardware otherwise. Let's hope they put an ethernet model out there soon.
    I think the best bang for buck now is the MECOOL M8s Pro + it has exactly the same Amlogic s905x as the mi it also has DRM wideline lever 1 and is HDCP so that means it's endorsed and you get Netflix 1080p.

It also comes with an Ethernet port and is cheaper then the mi box plus you can dual boot LibreElec of an SD card (don't install to nand you would lose wideline) which runs better then Android kodi anyway.

There is a great custom Android TV Rom for this box at freaktab that you can install by plugin an USB of SD card into your box, it will also allow you to keep all your official license keys so you won't lose your DRM.
    Code:
    http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x/others-aml-s905x/firmware-roms-tools-bx/659305-rom-mecool-m8s-pro-tvstock-nexus-rom-android-tv-7-1
    value for money I don't think you can beat this box at the moment.

Team TV ADDONS Staff
    Do you have one? Can you tell us where you got it and the price? It's good to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by CorvusWu View Post
    Do you have one? Can you tell us where you got it and the price? It's good to have options.
    No I have another generic Amlogic s905x but I run LibreElec, I've never liked running Android version of kodi.

If I were to buy one now though it would be the mecool pro + I suppose it really comes down to if you like to tinker.

If you don't then the mi box is a better for you, if you do you can save a few quid.

You can buy from Gearbest, various threads on the official Kodi forums about it.

Is mibox decent? Wetek is by far better than sny other box. Not that crappy androidtv or china version but custom firmware. But I am also looking for other decent boxes that are cheap. The w95 seems decent, different firmware.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123