If you’re having issues with Kodi which require support, providing debugging logs is a must. Since Kodi addons scrape external sources, it’s nearly impossible to debug problems without logs.
Kodi debugging logs contain information on your Kodi setup, installed addons, and activity in the latest use session. Each time Kodi is started, a new log file is generated, and the previous log file renamed to “old.”
It is good practice to reproduce the error you are experiencing twice in your active Kodi session prior to uploading your debugging log. This way you can be certain that ample detail will be included.
Following this guide will result in your error log being uploaded to Kodi’s official paste bin!
1. Click on the Add-ons tab from the vertical menu on the Kodi home screen.
2. Click on the little open box icon at the top left corner of the Add-ons interface.
3. Select the Install from repository function.
4. Choose the Kodi Add-on repository from the listing.
5. Select the Program add-ons category.
6. Choose the Kodi Logfile Uploader from the listing.
7. Click on the Install button at the bottom right corner of the window.
8. Press the OK button to accept the dependencies needed.
9. Return to the Kodi home screen once you see a checkmark next to the addon.
10. Click on the Add-ons tab from the vertical menu bar.
11. Select the Program add-ons category from the sidebar.
12. Launch the Kodi Logfile Uploader from the right side of the Program add-ons interface.
13. Press the upload button to proceed.
14. Share the link to your Kodi debugging log when requesting support. It should look something like this: https://paste.kodi.tv/udatewibah