Whether you’re a Kodi user or not, a VPN is something you definitely need. If you use the internet, you should have a VPN – point blank.
We’ve compiled a short list of reasons you need a VPN. Without a VPN, you miss out on access to tons of streaming content and put yourself at serious risk!
Top Reasons You Need a VPN
- Bypass Site Blocking & Censorship: Depending on where you’re located, your government might censor access to pirate, news, social media and other websites. Using a VPN automatically unblocks censorship.
- Access Geo-Blocked Content: Many streaming websites block access to those outside of their country of origin. Using a VPN will allow you to access American, British, Italian streaming sources and more.
- Torrent & P2P Safely: If you download torrents or use apps like Popcorn Time without a VPN, you put yourself at risk of getting sued or fined by copyright trolls. This is because without a VPN, anyone can see the IP address of others downloading the same file.
- Keep Your Browsing History Private: Without a VPN, your internet provider and government automatically keep logs of every website you visit. Using a VPN will prevent even your ISP from knowing which sites you visit.
- Prevent Advertiser Tracking: When you visit a website or social network, its operators see your IP address and location. By connecting that information to your social media profile and share buttons on websites, they can literally track everything you do online.
- Avoid Get Fired from Your Job: If you connect to your office Wi-Fi without a VPN, your boss will have access to all of your browsing history, possibly emails and text messages too. Avoid this by using a VPN to encrypt all your internet traffic.
- Avoid Getting Kicked Out of School: If you’re living in a dorm, there are probably strict rules around streaming. Without a VPN, the network administrator will see everything you stream or download. Probably not the ideal situation.
- Protect Yourself from Hackers: Whenever you connect to a public Wi-Fi, be it at a coffee shop or hotel, you risk having your data intercepted and files stolen by malicious actors connected to compromised networks. Using a VPN will guarantee that your devices remain secure.
- Encrypt Everything: When connected to a VPN service, all data you send or receive is automatically encrypted with military grade protection – even if you are accessing services which are normally insecure.
- Discounts Shopping Online: Get discount on airline tickets, online subscriptions, memberships by spoofing your country to one where the same services or products are offered at lowered prices. Online retailers price items internationally based on the country’s purchasing power.
In case you’re wondering, our VPN provider of choice offers apps that are fully compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Raspberry Pi, Linux and more!